- These Conditions of Entry and Competition Rules apply to all promotions run by Rebel FM and/or Breeze FM (being The Rebel Radio Network) will conduct the promotion. The Rebel Radio Network (TRRN) reserves the right to add and/or delete participating stations at any time.
- Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry and Competition Rules. TRRN reserves the right to exclude any person from the contest on the grounds of criminal record, or for medical reasons.
- Prizewinner(s) will be determined by random draw (unless otherwise specified). Prize-winner(s) will be notified by Rebel FM and/or Breeze FM by phone and or mail including electronic mail service.
- The prize(s) are not redeemable for cash or transferable. Only the person who originally entered the promotion can be awarded the prize(s). No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on another person’s behalf.
- Only one entry per address is acceptable. Competitions are open to permanent Australian residents only.
- The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- When the prize includes international travel, where the winner is under 18 years of age they MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian aged 18 or over.
- When the prize includes alcohol, lottery or other gaming competition the winner must be 18 years of age or over and provide suitable identification (passport or driver’s license) to verify their age before the prize is awarded.
- Where the prize includes international travel, the winner MUST have a valid passport and relevant Visas and valid for the travel period.
- Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the prize winner.
- Incidental costs, such as but not limited to, passport costs, travel insurance, departure taxes, airport transfers and all other personal expenditures will be at the winner’s expense.
- Employees of TRRN – This promotion’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio stations and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate families” include spouses, grandparents, parents, children and grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
- TRRN disclaims any responsibility for the inability to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection and acts of God or otherwise. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment
- To the extent permitted by law the TRRN will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of the prizes.
- By participating, all winners grant TRRN exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- All personal details provided to participate in these promotions will be held by TRRN for the purpose of this promotion and entries may be used by the TRRN for future promotional and marketing purposes, unless otherwise advised by entrants.
- TRRN reserves the right to refuse awarding any prize to a person who is determined to have violated a TRRN rule as outlined above, gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or obtained a winner status using fraudulent means.
- No purchase is necessary to win.
- Allow two weeks for the delivery of prizes.
- If entry to this competition is being made online (eg via www.rebelfm.com.au and/or www.thebreeze.com.au), by completing an entry, in addition, the participant agrees to be bound by the website general Terms and Conditions of Use. In the event of conflict between these Competition Terms and Conditions and the website Standard Terms and Conditions of Use, the specific Competition Terms and Conditions will prevail. Rules may be amended from time to time by employees of TRRN.
- TRRN reserves the right to discontinue a promotion at any stage.
- The Promoter is The Rebel Radio Network Ltd 4/168 Siganto Drive Helensvale QLD 4212.
- Some competitions on the websites are only open to certain regions. Please ensure you have the correct region where you live selected in the top right-hand corner of the home page.
- Where stipulated on the promotion’s website page, you MUST answer your phone when you are called by the on-air team to be eligible for your prize – if you don’t answer their phone call, the prize will be redrawn and awarded to the person who answers their phone.
- If you have won a prize from TRRN, you can not win again for at least four weeks.
Rebel Radio Network General Conditions of Entry and Competition Rules
Rebel Media Privacy Statement
Rebel Media respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. We will comply with the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 in the way that we manage that is collect, store and use any “personal information” that we collect about you.
Personal information means information which identifies you – or renders you reasonably identifiable – as an individual, or business. Examples of personal information include your name and gender, home or email address, and contact telephone numbers.
- We only collect personal information that we require for the business purposes of Rebel Radio Network;
- We will always tell you how we plan to use the personal information that we collect about you;
- We will not rent, trade, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party, other than with your consent or as may be required by law;
- We will use reasonable steps to ensure the safe storage of your personal information; and
- To find out what personal information we hold about you or to have that personal information changed or deleted, please contact us via email to the Privacy Officer email@example.com
How do we Collect your Personal Information and Why?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- As part of advertising with Rebel Media – all information required by us and which may include your business name, address, phone numbers, fax number, email address, financial details;
- Making inquiries or providing feedback via the Website – all information provided by you to us and which may include your name, address, email address, phone numbers and fax number;
- Entering a competition – all information provided by you to us and which may include your name, address, email address, and contact telephone numbers.
We will inform you of the purpose for which the information is being collected and if any, the organisations or types of organisations to which the information may be disclosed;
How we will use the Personal Information we collect?
Generally we will only use the personal information we collect for the primary purpose for which that information has been collected or for a closely related business purpose.
We will only use your personal information for other purposes if we receive your consent, or if we are permitted or required to by law.
We will not use your personal information to send you information about our activities or our members unless you expressly indicate that you want to receive such information.
Who will we disclose your Personal information to?
The personal information we collect about you will be accessible by relevant staff within Rebel Media. Such information may be accessible by our IT contractors as well.
From time to time, it may be necessary to disclose the personal information we hold about you to our service providers, contractors, members or business associates to enable us to provide relevant services to you. Those services will be linked to the purposes for which we collected that personal information.
We may also disclose the personal information we hold about you to third parties with your consent or if we are allowed to or required to do so by law.
How we will handle the Personal Information we have about you?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the secure storage of any personal information provided to us via the Website. Such personal information will be stored in a secure electronic environment accessible only to people working at or for Rebel Media. That information may also be printed and stored in paper form.
All staff and contractors of Rebel Media are required to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information to which they have access.
We will only retain the personal information we hold about you for as long as we need it for our purposes. However, we may retain that information for a longer period if required to for legal purposes.
How you can Access your Personal Information?
Under the Privacy Act, you generally have a right to seek access to the personal information that we hold about you. However, there are times when we are required or allowed to withhold access to some or all of this information.
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is wrong or out of date, you have a right to ask us to correct it.
Before you can exercise these rights, we will need to ask you to provide some form(s) of identification so that we can verify that you are the person to whom the personal information relates.
How to Contact us?
Telephone (during business hours): (07) 5665 6600;
Fax: (07) 5626 0699; or
Post: The Manager, PO Box 1730 Oxenford Qld 4210
Rebel Radio Network Pty Ltd (ABN 89 007 013 096 ) (Rebel Media) and our related bodies corporate operate a number of commercial radio stations, websites, and other media platforms throughout Australia. In the course of conducting our business we may collect and handle your personal information.
Collection of Information
What is personal information?
Personal information means any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether that information is true or not and whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that includes information about your race or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation. We generally do not ask for sensitive information, but may do so where it is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities and it is permitted or required by law. Generally we will only collect sensitive information where you have consented to our collecting that information, including where you voluntarily submit such information to us.
What personal Information we collect and hold
The personal information we collect about you will depend on the nature of our relationship with you. We may collect:
- your name, address, email, phone number(s) and emergency contact details;
- your age, date of birth, gender;
- payment, credit card and/or bank account details;
- photographs, film and/or audio recordings of you where you attend a Rebel Media affiliated event, attend our premises, call one of our radio stations, or otherwise participated in on-air; and
- your interests, opinions about our brands and services, or other information relevant to promotions and activities that we run
- and your engagement with Rebel Media, such as information contained in competition entries, job applications, on-air interactions, complaints and enquiries.
We also conduct research surveys for third parties. Where you participate in these surveys we may also collect information about your occupation and salary, your opinions about the brands and services of third parties, as well as sensitive information such as your political opinions or health information. We will only collect your personal information as part of a research survey with your prior consent.
Why we collect personal information
Generally we collect your personal information to provide you with products or services and to manage our relationship with you.
We also collect personal information for research and marketing purposes and to provide you with information about events, products and services (both our own and those of other companies that may be of interest to you), to improve the services we provide, to run various competitions and trade promotions, and to provide you with payment receipts.
Where lawful and practical, you may deal with us anonymously or use a pseudonym. However in some instances, because of the products and services we provide, if you do not provide us with your personal information we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service (for example, if we require your details in connection with a competition we are running, we cannot provide you with a prize should you be a prize winner and we cannot contact you).
How we collect Personal Information
We collect personal information directly from you when you interact with us, for example when:
- you submit an entry into a competition or trade promotion;
- you participate in listener loyalty programs;
- you subscribe to a member database or email newsletter;
- you send us an email, contact us through any of our websites, or post on any of our websites (including any of our social media pages);
- you purchase products or services from us;
- you participate in a research survey;
- you download one of our mobile Apps or stream our products from a website or via a mobile App;
- you call us; or
- you attend an event or activity that we organise, sponsor, or are otherwise affiliated
Use and disclosure
How we use your personal information will depend on the nature of our relationship with you. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our products or services;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to administer online and App based services and products and to monitor your activity on these services and products;
- to facilitate the administration of, and your participation in, a trade promotion, competition or other activity;
- to facilitate the administration of, and your participation in, a listener loyalty program;
- to facilitate the administration of, and your participation in, a member database;
- to facilitate the administration of, and your participation in, an online subscription newsletter;
- to monitor your purchase history and our relationship with you;
- to compile listener databases and profiles to enable us to market goods and services more accurately;
- to identify and inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to market, improve and add to our products and services including our websites and our radio broadcasts; and
- to report to our third party clients on the results of our research surveys (while personal information is used to compile these reports, only aggregated, de-identified data is given to our clients).
Direct marketing opt out
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or other communications from us, please contact us on the details below so that we can update your preferences, or follow the instructions in these communications on how to unsubscribe.
We may disclose personal information to:
- our related bodies corporate;
- third parties engaged by us to provide functions on our behalf (such as storing and managing databases, processing credit card information, mailouts, debt collection, marketing research and advertising), some of which may be located overseas, including in the Philippines.
- third parties who supply us with content for broadcast and/or industry groups such as Commercial Radio Australia (CRA), Free TV Australia or the Advertising Standards Bureau, where you make a complaint about a broadcast;
- regulators and government agencies, such as the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA);
- third parties to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal information; and
- our sponsors and promotions partners where you have expressly consented (“opted in”) to being contacted by them.
To protect your privacy, wherever practical we impose contractual requirements of security and confidentiality on third parties as to how they handle personal information that we disclose to them.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, relevant and up-to-date.
If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or out-of-date, please contact us on the details below so that we can update our records.
We store your personal information in a number of secure computer storage facilities and in some cases, paper based files..We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access and correction
If you wish to request access to, or correction of any personal information we may hold about you, please contact us on the details below.Generally, we will provide you with access to your personal information unless one of the exceptions set out in the APPs applies to your request, such as where providing access would unreasonably impact on the privacy of others. If one of these exceptions applies, we may, if reasonable, provide access to the personal information in a way that meets our needs and yours (for example by giving you access through a mutually agreed intermediary), although this will not always be possible.
We may charge a fee for giving access to personal information which reflects our costs of providing access.
If we refuse your request for access to, or correction of, your personal information, we will provide you with written notification of our decision and our reasons for reaching that decision. If we refuse your request to correct your personal information, you can request that we associate with that information a statement that you believe it to be inaccurate, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading.
More information and complaints
For more information on how we handle your personal information, or if you are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please contact us on the details below.
We will take any privacy complaint seriously, and we aim to resolve all complaints in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with relevant information we may require.
We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you are unsatisfied with our response, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) on by calling 1300 363 992 or visiting the OAIC website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Mail: The Manager
Rebel Radio Network PL
PO Box 1730
Oxenford Qld 4210
Phone: (07) 566 566 00
Last updated: 13 September 2019
The Change Maker Terms and Conditions
- Nomination of multiple organisations is permitted.
- Organisations can be renominated in subsequent months if they do not win.
- Competition is open to all non profit and not for profit community groups and organisations, church groups, charities, sporting groups and schools.
- Entry is free and open to all Australian residents 18 years and over.
- Winning group must allow use of their name, photo and logo in follow up marketing and promotional activity for the Bendigo Bank Rebel FM Change Maker Competition.
- If the nominee is not a representative of the nominated organisation, contact will be made with the shortlisted organisations each month to verify nomination.
- The person nominating the club, association, or not for profit group is not eligible to win the $500 as an individual.